Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Happenings

Halloween was a hit this year. Owen thought the actual day would never come. What torture it must be for a kid so young to see all the halloween goods in the stores for so long, the Halloween specials on tv all month. He's been bringing home Halloween crafts from preschool all month. Then, FINALLY the last day of the month, is the day to trick or treat and go get all that candy. However, with a dentist for a Dad he doesn't get to stash it away for his own keeping like I use to do. It's quite cute how this season just totally stresses Ryan out. So, he came to the conclusion that Owen could eat all he wanted that night. Then, he could have one piece a day after his naps. It's actually worked out well. After 24 hours Owen stopped begging for it and looks forward to his nap time. Here are our pictures from the big day!
Our little Bob the Builder and our bubble bee
Ryan was the designated parent to take them out trick or treating. I guess he was raised thinking that was the Dad's job. I was happy to stay behind to pass out treats and see all the other kids in their costumes. However, I did get to do one street with the kids at the end when we ran out of candy. Owen's pride and joy. This is the first pumpkin he's ever carved.

13 comments:

Wendy said...

Very cute. I can't believe how old Ava is getting. I hope we get to see you guys soon. The kids are growing up too fast.

Laura said...

that little bumble bee is a killer! too cute!!

Stephanie T said...

They are so cute! And that is totally a good idea about the candy. Especially the after nap part. Totally Genius!!!

Lexi Wallis said...

oh! they are so cute! i cant wait to see you guys at thanksgiving!

The Robbs said...

You guys always have cute and clever Halloween costumes. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Aubrey Messick said...

Your kids are just too cute in those costumes. And I love how Halloween totally stresses Ryan out. That's too funny. Glad he eased up on Owen and let him have a piece a day. Every kids gotta have a little candy!

Jessica Reeves said...

So cute!! I love the costumes! That's so funny that Halloween stresses Ryan out! I can't remember if I gave you our blog address so if I didn't it is jessandgreg.blogspot.com. We miss you guys!

Ben and Michelle said...

Great costumes. Ben and I were cracking up last night when we read your first post on our blog that said "miss you" from Ryan. I miss you too Karen.

-Michelle

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Such a sweet bee and I love how happy Owen always is!

theSwensenFamily said...

Cutest costumes EVER! I love it! Your kids are looking so big to me! I'm still bribing Macy with her Halloween candy! It works wonders! I can tell Owen has so much personality! I LOVED his dancing video! That was the funniest thing I've ever seen! He's got some hot moves!

brandy said...

I love their Halloween costumes! They looked adorable. I'm still bummed we weren't able to hang out at the clubhouse. Those dang naps always get in the way!

BTW...The Biggest Loser WAS crazy tonight! Call me so we can chat about it!!!

Lori said...

Cute costume, and even cuter kids. Hope all is well in Dayton! Talk to you soon.

apron girls said...

you guys are just way to cute!! i'm surprised though that ryan wasn't dressed up.