Sunday, April 5, 2009

Update

I know. I know. It has been way too long since I've added to our blog. I do have an excuse. We have an announcement. We're expecting. #3 is on the way!! Although we are very excited, I got caught in the 1st trimester blues. Since finding out we were expecting in January I haven't felt well and took all I had to just do the bare minimum to keep the family fed and clothed. Anything beyond the necessities (like blogging) was pushed aside. The good news is I'm 16 weeks now and haven't thrown up for a couple weeks now and have been staying up past 8:00. I'm feeling great and getting much more done. The due date? Sept. 17th. This makes our summer quite eventful with both a baby and a move (still don't know where), but we're ready for the change.

Here are a few things that I've been able to catch pictures of lately:

Owen's best friend still remains to be Puppy. I honestly feel like we own a real dog. He puts him to bed at night in a toy dog carrier. He takes him out the back door to go pee from time to time in the day. He feeds him. He colors pictures for him. He has full on conversations with him. The latest is when Ryan went to Atlanta for a dental convention and Owen put puppy in his suitcase because he thought puppy would like a vacation. So, he parted with him for 4 days. We asked multiple times if he was sure he wanted to send him. I'm still not sure if he was more excited for the return of puppy or Dad.
Ava loves sporting her new hat. She had a pony tail that day, so her hair is all tucked inside.
A group of friends got together for an Easter egg hunt. Owen was sooo excited. Ava wasn't sure what the point was, but liked carrying her basket around.
Owen is taking inventory of his eggs and all the candy inside.

12 comments:

Nicole and Abe said...

cute pictures! I love the one of Ava in her hat. She looks so old!

theSwensenFamily said...

Congratulations on Baby #3!!!! That is so exciting. I can't believe you are already 16 weeks but how wonderful that you're feeling better. It's so hard to take care of kids when you are so sick yourself. I loved the story about Owen and his puppy. Macy has a make believe friend named Belle who she talks to all day. It must be the age of make-believe. Ava is just beautiful! Your kids have gotten so big! I'm glad to hear that you guys are alright! I was beginning to worry. ;-) What a fun post!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Yay!! I have been thinking about you lately and keep telling myself I need to email you and see how everything is going. Congratulations on another sweet Wallis joining the family! I can't believe how grown up Ava is looking and Owen is such a cute kid! Miss you guys!

Laura said...

I was beginning to wonder what had happened to you guys...but I hate the "are you still alive" emails. :)
congrats to you on #3!!! very exciting, but probably hard to feel that when you are so sick. Glad you are feeling better. I know we've been big slackers, but we HAVE to get together before you guys take off to who-knows-where and are gone for good!

Camie said...

hooray for the blog update!! And congratulations on baby #3!! Sorry to hear you were feeling so yucky and I hope you are feeling better now! When are you due? Thanks for sharing the exciting news!

Julie said...

I'm glad you feel good enough to blog again. I check every so often to see if there's an update on your blog. Congrats! I'm excited for you guys...you make cute kids. Keep us posted on where you're moving to and stuff.

Stephanie Johnson said...

Yeah Karen- that is sooo exciting. Okay so I can't believe how big Ava is. I love that picture with her and the hat!!! We miss you guys

Aubrey Messick said...

Another Wallis???? Oh yay! Karen I'm so excited for you guys...but would you give me a minute to catch up. Hahaha! Maybe my kids can marry your grandkids. LOL! :) So glad you're feeling better. Let us know where you guys decide to move to. I REALLY wanna come see you sometime soon.

Saun and Wes said...

Hi! Your blog looks so cute. And your kids are growing up so fast. Congratulations on #3. Wow! I am excited for you and glad that your sickness is about over. That is the pits. I love the story about Puppy. THat is so cute. And Ava is a doll. London has that exact same hat except in purple. It is so cute. Hope everything is going well. Are you ever going to move back here?

Mike and Erin Hale said...

Congratulations! I want to say, don't worry, three kids is not as hard as everyone says, but it is! It sucks! Ok, not really, because I love them all, but it's a lot harder than two. So rewarding and worth it though. Consider yourself warned! I'm sure you'll do great. You guys are awesome! Can't wait to hear where you're moving to.

Jessica Reeves said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you guys!! Your kids are so cute! I'm excited to hear where you guys are moving to. Hopefully out west somewhere! :) We miss you guys!

Wendy said...

Owen is a little mini Ryan. Especially with those glasses on. We miss you guys and love to see the pictures.