Saturday, April 25, 2009

The wait is over. We're moving to. . .


After a year of wondering and waiting, we finally turned in our wish list of places we'd like to be next year. We feel SO extremely blessed to be moving to Spokane, Washington. Both of us are thrilled. It's very eastern Washington, next to the Idaho boarder. Neither one of us have been there, but we hear from everyone that it's beautiful. It's on the eastern side of the mountains so it's not as rainy as western Washington, or Oregon. There is an airport. Beautiful summers, but lots of snow in the winter. A big plus is the fact that family will be in driving distance. 8-10 1/2 hours depending on who and where. So, moving day isn't until Aug. 7, but we're very looking forward to our time back west for the next 3 years.

8 comments:

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Spokane will be fabulous!! It will be beautiful and nice to be out west. It was fun to catch up and having Ryan down to San Antonio. Good luck with the move right before the little one arrives.

Stephanie T said...

I'm a little sad you won't be in San Antonio. But with the hot muggy weather right now I couldn't wish that on you during your last month of pregnancy.

I am pushing on Ken to push to go to the Ohio AF base this summer. Unfortunately it's not totally up to him, but I wish! That would be a fun road trip to see you.

Jessica Reeves said...

How exciting!!! I'm so glad you guys are coming out west! Spokane will be so great!!!!

Camie said...

Congrats you guys! That sounds like a great place! So is the baby or the move first?? We have moved immediately after two of our kids--we're happy to be staying put this time!

apron girls said...

Hail to Spokcompton. Hey if you need advice on where to live, let me know. I've done my time there. It's beautiful and be sure to hit up all the orchards and berry patches. You won't be sorry. There's an awesome area called Greenbluff where you can pick your own apples, pears, beans, and raspberries. Way fun for kids!

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

Yea! And congrats on another girl!~ Will you be visiting NC before Ryan's parent's leave? We are here now! I can't believe we didn't visit again before we moved :-(

Krissy said...

Hi Karen, I'm so glad I stopped by your blog to see you're having another baby - yah! and moving to Spokane - double yah! We're driving through Spokane end of Aug on our way up to Canada, we'd love to stop and get Jack and Owen together again. We wanted to stop and see the Andersons too. So we'll watch your blog to see when the move is and track you down there! Good luck with the coming baby. - Krissy

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Karen,

So glad I was able to finally get on your blog. For some reason, I couldn't a while back. Congrats on the new baby and the move to WA. I grew up in Richland which is just about three hours from Spokane. I love and miss it! Washington is great! I hope you love it there. Lots of changes for you guys- how exciting! So nice to catch up and see what you're up to!- Tara