Saturday, May 9, 2009

It's a girl!


It's official! We're having another girl. I had my 20 week ultra sound a few days ago and there was no question about it. It was very exciting to see the baby moving around. It always brings such a reality to the whole pregnancy.

The funny thing is although I have been showing somewhat, we hadn't told Owen or Ava yet. I felt like 9 months is so long for a child that young to wait and even Owen wouldn't really get it when I wasn't looking pregnant. So, we were waiting for my stomach to obviously look pregnant and since that happened around the time we found out the sex, we waited. So, last night we read him his bed time stories and then talked to him a little about the whole thing. He was very excited. He said a few things, then was quiet for a minute with a straight face and asked, "Well, does this mean Ava has to share her binkies?" We assured him Ava could still take her naps with her own binkies and the baby would have her own that are more of a baby size. He can't believe he'll have 2 sisters. I'm so thankful to have him. He's a great big brother to Ava and will be to this little one.

Now the battle of names begins. :)

11 comments:

Aubrey Messick said...

Congratulations Karen & Ryan! You're so right...Owen is going to be a wonderful big brother...again. :)

Wendy said...

Congratulations. Every girl needs a sister so I am happy that Ava will. We are excited to meet this little one and glad you will be closer.

Sassy said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you. We didn't tell Kennie or Justin until I was almost 6 months with Nate and we waited until about the same with Maggie. It's just way to long for those little ones!!

Jessica Reeves said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited for you guys!! Owen is going to be such a great big brother again! I can't believe you are going to have three kids! How crazy! Are you guys stopping in Utah on your way out west??

theSwensenFamily said...

So exciting! You've got to love the fact that Ava will have a sister! Every girl should have one! Owen will be the great protector! We are so excited that you guys will be moving closer to us! I've heard great things about Spokane. We'll have to meet somewhere in the middle. Boise?

Stephanie Johnson said...

Yeah I love girls (of coarse we don't have a boy so I wouldn't know the difference but I still love having a girl and wouldn't mind more.) Plus how exciting to live in Washington!!!! I hope you get to go home alot!!!

Stephanie T said...

WhoHoo!!! I'm so excited for you guys!

Ruth said...

OH OH OH!!!!! How perfect that you can hand all of Ava's clothes down, and I was just saying today that every girl needs a sister for a best friend! Also, every girl should have a big brother like Owen! We are so happy for you all and can't wait to see who wins the name battle!

Miss you so much

Ben and Michelle said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited for you. I can't believe you guys are on number 3. So down, let us catch up (just kidding). We really are happy for you guys.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

So great!! What fun news! Owen is so sweet--always thinking of everything:). Hope you are feeling well with lots of energy.

Annie said...

What wonderful news! I agree with Ruth, every girl deserves a sister. Lately, Halle has been naming everything Talulah, she's loves it! So that is our family's contribution.