Friday, December 11, 2009

An overdue update

So, I'm sorry it's been so long again. It seems when life gets stressful, which it has with the juggling act of three kids, the easiest thing to cut out is the blog. So, here is an update from our last few weeks. Most recent pictures come first, then it goes down. So, maybe you want to start from the bottom.
This is our most recent picture of little Ruth. She's three months now. We love her to death. Ava hasn't had one day with out saying, "I think she's pretty cute." She says it atleast 10 times every day as she stands over admiring her. Owen says he's going to marry her when he grows up and that they'll travel in our van together. As for me, I just love all the cuddling at this age.
This is my Grandma who Ruth is named after. So, when we went to Idaho for Thanksgiving it was priceless to see the two Ruth's meet.
We took the kids bowling one night for fun. They loved it! I loved seeing Owen in his miniature size bowling shoes. Too bad Ava's feel were still to small for her own pair too.

Ava had quite a great time. Actually scored an impressive game. She did have the bumpers to help, of course. Atleast I tell myself that to make me feel better. She scored better than I did.
For Halloween this year we had a Bengal's football player and a little fairy. They were pretty cute and had so much fun.

In the first weeks of Ruth's life she often would end up in a little ball when she'd fall asleep on us. Ryan was commenting on her form this day and I told him to imagine that exact thing, but under his skin. It's still hard to believe these babies fit inside somehow. Crazy!
I am soooooo grateful to this man. He delivered Ruth. Moving to a new city three weeks before giving birth was frightening, but I was assured by many that Dr. Hiss was wonderful, and a great surgeon which I needed with my third c-section. I think these OB's have one of the best jobs in the world being an instrument in bringing these little miracles into the world.
These two were having so much fun this night in the bath. I was listening to their giggles and just feeling so thankful they have each other. They often stop to hug each other and say, "You're my best friend." A newborn keeps my arms occupied a lot so I love that Owen and Ava can play and give each other so much attention.
Since Ruth arrived, it's pretty difficult to venture out with the three of them on my own. It's getting better the older Ruth gets, but in the beginning when the weather was still warm we went to a nearby park a lot. It's literally 2 minutes from our house and the kids loved it. So, I could go let them play and it got them out of the house for a while. Oh, the fresh air is so therapeutic!



10 comments:

theSwensenFamily said...

This was such a great post! I LOVED all of the fun pictures. I can't believe Ruth is already 3 months old. She is beautiful! That picture with baby Ruth and your Grandmother is precious. That is sweet that you gave your daughter her name. And here I was thinking you named her after Ruth Buxton!! Ha! Ha! I can't believe you have 3 kids. Isn't it crazy! But then it's fun because you feel like you have a full on family, chaos and all! Thanks for the great update! Have a wonderful Christmas! You'll have to email you your new address.

Wendy said...

I love all the pictures. My girls miss your kids so much. We had so much fun at Thanksgiving. I am so glad that you guys are closer so we can see you more.

I love Ava's hat. I just got Ashley one. Thanks for telling about etsy.

brandy said...

I know I say this everytime I comment, but I MISS you guys so much! But I'm so happy you are adjusting to your new life. Ava looks so adorable in the pic with the pic hat. Her hair has gotten so long! I need to call you this week and catch up! Love you!

Nicole said...

so glad you finally posted!! I was just thinking that it had been awhile. Ruth already looks so much like your other two kids. She is so cute! Love the pictures!! Hope you are liking your new place

rachwheel said...

Adorable! Your older two remind me exactly of my oldest two when they were littler. They are now five and almost four. Still best friends, but fight more, and are finding different interests. My two girls though, are becoming the best of friends. They're so innocent and love each other so much at these ages. I think, over time, the innocence goes...but three is so much fun and much more manageable the older your third gets. Great to see your cute family! Ruth looks just like Owen and Ava.

David and Kristi Gailey said...

I can't believe it's been three months already. She looks just like Owen and Ava. They are all so adorable! Hope you are doing well and adjusting okay to having three. I guess I will find out soon enough what it is like. I hope you are liking it out there. We miss you guys!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

SO good to get the update! Ruth looks darling of course and Owen and Ava are so sweet. What a great relationship and friendship they have. Sounds like the transition went really smoothly to find a good Dr. so fast when you got there. Hope all is well and enjoy your holidays.

Jessica Reeves said...

Such cute pics!! Your kids are adorable! We got your Christmas card and it is so cute! I'm glad you guys are doing well!

Saundra said...

Hi, just got your cute cute Christmas card. I think it was my favorite. Your kids are adorable! I also love love the pic on your blog of owen and ava in their bath towels. So cute.

I misplaced your email and also threw away the envelope your card came in and I need your address, so could you email it to me please? saun222@yahoo.com

Thanks! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Ben and Michelle said...

Great pictures......you have the cutest kids.