Sunday, July 27, 2008

Twin Falls, ID Temple

Yeah!! My home town of Twin Falls, Idaho just opened the doors of our new LDS temple to the public. Construction is complete and they've had an open house for anyone to enjoy the beauty of the new addition. So, most of my family minus two brothers came down to go through. I took the kids thinking Owen might get something out of it. His favorite part was the cows and swimming pool. Anyone familiar with LDS temples knows he was talking about the oxen surrounding the baptismal font. That's about the extent of what he got out of it.
However, I loved it. It really was beautiful. I felt so proud to be a member of the Mormon church and so grateful to have temples on this earth where we can truely enter and feel the Spirit of the Lord. My greatest blessing in life is the fact that I know because I was married in the temple, I will be sealed to my husband and children for eternity. I only wish I would be here for the dedication. Here are a couple pictures of me and the kids. Again, Ryan missed out.
My Mom, Dad, and Grandma are posted. My Grandma is actually not a member and she was amazed. She loved it. This is the most interest she's ever had in the church. Fun to see.
It was very bright and we should have chosen the other side of the temple with some shade.

2 comments:

Laura said...

hmmm...where have I been. I actually had no idea that there was a temple being built in Twin Falls. How fun!

Aubrey Messick said...

What a beautiful temple! I hope to go and see it someday!