Sunday, July 27, 2008

Yee Hah Cowboy!

Owen had his dream day. As we all know Owen is big time into cowboys these days. I'm sure Ryan is praying this is only a phase. However, Richard Luff's parents, who only live a mile from my parents, teach Owen in the nursery at church. They have discovered his love for the wild west, lassos, horses, etc. They were kind enough to invite him over to see their horses. What a treat! Owen thought he'd died and gone to heaven. There was so much to see and experience. Ava was in a backpack on my back so I could have two hands available. Even she loved it. She would get upset if she wasn't in arms length of the animals. If I turned so she could touch them, she got so excited. Thank you Luff family for making Owen so happy.
Owen was excited to try to ride the horse, but he only lasted for a minute. As soon as he felt the horse move, he got a little worried. It did seem pretty high for someone small like him. He loved the saddle though.
Kelly Luff was helping Owen feed the horse. He loved to see the big teeth and nostrils.
Owen was ready to climb right in with the cow. Not shy at all.
One of the highlights was feeding the animals. This was a calf that was just Owen's size.
Ava couldn't take her eyes off the calf.
Of course one of the best parts was all the tools Owen found, like the pitch fork, shovels, whips. Poor Ava had a hard time looking away from the horse to see her face in the picture.

10 comments:

Laura said...

That picture with the pitch fork is priceless! What a fun day. I am loving the new bangs!!

Scott and Carol Scharnhorst said...

Looking at your blog makes me miss the wild wild west myself. Owen and Ava are definately cute. Excited to see you all back in Ohio.

Aubrey Messick said...

He is so stinkin cute!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

How fun! I bet Owen had a blast!

Annie said...

What a dream day come true! I wish we were a little more into cowboys around here, are the Disney Princesses really so inevitable for girls? I had no idea. I agree with Laura, your bangs and hair in general look fabulous!

Stephanie Johnson said...

first of all love the hair. Second of all I hope Owen doesn't grow out of the cowboy stage he looks so cute in a cowboy hat and once he wears wranglers there will be no going back :)

Ben and Michelle said...

How cute! I am sure Owen loved every moment.

Jessica Reeves said...

Hey Karen! I'm so glad that you have a blog so we can see what you guys are up to. I've kind of been out of the blogging world for awhile so I forgot that you had sent me an email about your blog! Your kids are so adorable! I'm so glad we can keep in touch!

theSwensenFamily said...

Karen! I love that you're blogging! Those pictures of Owen are so awesome! He looks like he is in hog heaven! I never knew he was such a cowboy fan and a lover of animals! What a trip! When does your honey come home or is he home? I hope so, for your sake! Your hair is sure cute! Love the short do! I'm going shorter too! Who has time to do their hair anymore?

Faith W said...

Owen is the cutest cowboy EVER! Already miss his cute little face ...